Download PDF Outline
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand key concepts of digital marketing, including advantages, limitations and planning
- Understand various web presence options and how to select appropriate keywords for search engine optimisation
- Recognise different social media platforms, and set up and use common platforms.
- Understand how effective social media management assists in promotion and lead generation.
- Use a social media management service to schedule posts and set up notifications.
- Understand various options for online marketing and advertising, including search engine, e-mail and mobile marketing.
- Understand and use analytics services to monitor and improve campaigns.
1.Digital Marketing Concepts
- Understand the term Digital Marketing.
- Define different elements of digital marketing like: content marketing, social media marketing, e-mail marketing, mobile marketing, affiliate marketing, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimisation (SEO), display advertising, analytics
- Identify typical goals when using digital marketing like: increased brand awareness, lead generation, sales generation, informing customers, improved customer service, direct customer engagement, generating traffic.
- Understand the advantages of digital marketing like: more cost effective, easier to track and measure progress, larger demographic reach, higher engagement compared to traditional marketing, catering to mobile customers.
- Understand the limitations of digital marketing like: lack of face-to-face interaction, can be obtrusive, time commitment to manage it professionally, may not be suitable for your product.
- Recognise the main legal and regulatory obligations when digital marketing in your country.
- Understand the main elements of a digital marketing strategy like: alignment to business goals and marketing objectives, identification of target audience, analysis of competitors, selection of appropriate platforms, planning and creation of content, allocation of budgets, reporting.
- Recognise the need for a consistent online presence in line with corporate identity and design.
- Recognise types of content used to drive traffic and enhance engagement like: infographics, meme, videos, guides, product reviews, testimonials, lists, whitepapers.
- Understand the importance of having policies and access controls in place for staff using company digital marketing accounts.
2.Digital Marketing Concepts
Web Presence Options
- Understand possible web presence solutions like: business directory, social media, information website, blog, e-commerce website, mobile site, web application, mobile application.
- Outline the typical steps to create a web presence like: register an appropriate website address, register with a website hosting service, design and build your site, promote your site.
- Understand the term content management system (CMS).
- Understand the main parts of a website like: homepage, company and contact information, news, services/product description, search, e-commerce facility, sitemap.
- Understand website design terms like: user interface (UI), user experience (UX), responsive design, accessibility, performance optimisation, browser compatibility.
- Recognise good practice in creating website content like: audience focused, clear and concise, use of keywords, consistent branding, quality images and videos, regularly updated.
- Recognise various methods for promoting a website like: social media, online advertising, inbound links, e-mail marketing, submitting your website to an engine, e-mail signature, physical marketing materials.
Search Engine Optimisation
- Understand the term search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Understand the term keyword. Create a list of keywords which can be used when optimising content for a website, social media platform.
- Understand the terms page title, URL, description tag, meta tag, headings, alternative text and their importance for SEO.
3.Social Media Start up
Social Media Platforms
- Understand the term social media platform and identify the main uses of some common platforms.
- Understand common social media marketing campaign elements like: choosing appropriate platforms for target audience, planning and creating suitable content, tracking campaign, evaluating campaign performance.
Social Media Accounts
- Understand the term social media profile. Distinguish between the different types of profiles like: personal, business, groups, event.
- Create, edit social media business profile information like: biography, images, URL, contact details, category.
- Understand social media actions like: post, comment, share, like, tag, hashtag.
- Create, edit, delete a post on a social media profile like: news, event, poll, offer.
4.Social Media Management
Social Media Management Services
- Understand the term social media management service and identify some common social media management services.
- Understand the term scheduled post. Schedule a post
Marketing and Promotion Activities
- Understand the term influencers. Recognise the importance of connecting with them.
- Understand the term targeted audience. Recognise the importance of optimising your content to suit them.
- Understand the term video marketing. Recognise its importance in online promotional campaigns.
- Understand the terms review, referral. Recognise their importance in promoting your business through social media.
- Understand the term URL shortener. Use a URL shortener to track links.
- Understand the term viral. Recognise its importance in a promotional campaign and elements that may contribute to success like: humour, originality, resonance with audience, generating a discussion.
- Recognise good practice in creating engaging social media content like: post regularly, post relevant content, research relevant blogs and companies, post competitions, use images and videos.
Engagement, Lead Generation and Sales
- Outline good practice in social media marketing like: timely and appropriate response to comments/complaints, take certain enquiries offline
- Set up notifications on a social media profile to alert when the profile has been mentioned or a comment has been added to the profile.
- Understand the term call to action and identify common examples like: get a quote, sign up, buy now, download app. Recognise its importance in generating leads through social media platforms.
5. Social Media Management
- Identify some common examples of search engine marketing (SEM) platforms.
- Identify some common examples of online advertising platforms.
- Understand different types of online advertisement like: floating, pop-up, video, image, banner, text.
- Understand the term sponsored post. Recognise its importance in increasing interaction and engagement on social media.
- Identify some common examples of e-mail marketing platforms.
- Create an account in an e-mail marketing application.
- Create, edit, delete a contact list in an e-mail marketing application.
- Create a campaign, select a template in an e-mail marketing application
- Send, schedule an email in an e-mail marketing application
- Understand the terms opt-in, opt-out.
- Outline some reasons to use mobile marketing like: access to more customers, targeting customers based on location.
- Understand the term mobile application. Understand how mobile applications can be used like: promoting a business/service, offering services, generating sales.
- Outline some considerations for a mobile marketing campaign like: creating a mobile-friendly website, tailoring keywords for mobile, tailor your ads for mobile
- Understand options for mobile advertising like: video ads, search ads, display ads, social media ads, application ads.
- Understand the term analytics. Recognise the importance of analysing performance of a digital marketing campaign.
- Create an account in an analytics tool.
- Set up an analytics report for a campaign: website, social media, e-mail marketing, advertising. Export a report as a .csv file.
- Schedule an analytics report e-mail: website, social media, e-mail marketing, advertising.
- Understand the term split testing. Recognise its importance in measuring the success of campaigns like: e-mail marketing, online advertising.
- Understand the term web traffic and the importance of attracting quality web traffic.
- Understand common analytics terms like: unique visitors, impressions, clicks, bounce rate, conversion rate, click through rate (CTR), tracking code, referrals.
- Identify some common website analytics tools.
Social Media Insights
- Understand the term social media insights. Recognise the importance of analysing the influence of your marketing activities on social media platforms.
- Understand social media insights terms like: engagement, reach, mentions, trends, inbound links.
- Identify some common social media insights tools.
E-mail Marketing and Online Advertising Analytics
- Understand common e-mail analytics terms like: open rate, click rate, bounce rate, unsubscribe, total subscribers.
- Understand common online advertising analytics terms like: pay per click (PPC), cost per thousand (CPM), cost per acquisition (CPA) and cost per conversion (CPC).
|Full Fee||GST||Nett Fee after Funding (Incl. GST)|
MCES: Singaporean age 40 and above
Normal: Singaporean/PR age 21 and above
SME: Singapore registered companies with
(i) at least 30% local sharing AND
(ii) group annual sales less than or equal to $100 million OR group employment size less than or equal to 200 people