ICDL Advanced Database is a high level certification programme which enables learners to get more from the database application by giving them the skills to use the many advanced tools available in database applications to better manage and organise structured information.Individuals with ICDL Advanced Database certified skills can:
- Produce better reports with deeper data analysis
- Produce higher quality management information
- Use advanced features in table, query, form and report design
- Use macros within the database application
- Import, export and link data
Prospective learners should ideally have the ICDL certification and/or previous experience using computers and common software applications. Typically, these would be individuals who use a wide range of advanced functionalities within a database application in a personal or professional context. Database applications are a powerful resource, managing and analysing high volumes of data to produce the quantity and quality of information that business today demands.
The ICDL Advanced Database certification has been specifically designed to provide learners with the skills and competences that enable them to use database applications to their full potential.
1. Database Concepts
Database Development and Use
- Know that different types of database models exist.
- Know the life cycle stages of database.
- Recognize common business applications of databases.
- Know the term SQL (structured query language) and understand its main use in querying database content.
2. Tables and Relationships
- Create, modify, delete a lookup in a field/column.
- Create, modify, delete an input mask in a field/column.
- Set data entry for a field/column.
Relationships and Joins
- Create, modify, delete a one-to-one, one-to-many relationship between tables.
- Create, modify a many-to-many relationship using a junction table.
- Apply referential integrity between tables.
- Apply automatic update of related fields.
- Apply automatic deletion of related records.
- Apply, modify an inner join, outer join.
- Create, modify a subtract join.
- Apply a self join.
- Create, run a query to update data in a table.
- Create, run a query to append records to a table.
- Create, run a query to delete records in a table.
- Create, run a query to save selected data as a new table.
- Create, run a crosstab query.
- Create, run a query to show duplicated records within a table.
- Create, run a query to show unmatched records in related tables.
Refining a Query
- Create, modify, run a one, two variable parameter query.
- Use wildcards in a query.
- Show highest, lowest range of values in a query.
- Create and name a calculated field that performs arithmetic operations.
- Group information in a query using functions.
- Create, modify, delete bound controls.
- Apply, remove bound control properties.
- Create, modify, delete unbound controls containing arithmetic, logical expressions.
Modify sequential tab order of controls on a form
- Create, delete a linked subform.
- Format arithmetic calculation controls in a report.
- Apply a running sum for a group, over all.
- Concatenate fields in a report.
- Insert, delete a data field in group, page, report headers and footers.
- Sort, group records in a report by field(s).
- Force page breaks for groups in a report.
- Create, delete a linked subreport.
6. Enhancing Productivity
- Link external data to a database.
- Import spreadsheet, text, XML, existing database files into a database.
- Create a simple macro.
- Assign/attach a macro to a command button, object, control.
|Full Fee||GST||Nett Fee after Funding (Incl. GST)|
MCES: Singaporean age 40 and above
Normal: Singaporean/PR age 21 and above
WTS: Singaporean age 35 and above and earning $2,000 or below per month
SME: Singapore registered companies with
(i) at least 30% local sharing AND
(ii) group annual sales less than or equal to $100 million OR group employment size less than or equal to 200 people