ICDL Advanced Word Processing is a high level certification programme where learners can demonstrate their ability to use the advanced features of word processing applications to enhance their work, improve productivity and save time. The ICDL Advanced Word Processing module give learners the opportunity to be certified at an ‘expert level’ in the use of word processing applications, acquiring skills sets over and above the routine features of the software.
Individuals with ICDL Advanced Word Processing certified skills can:
- Apply advanced text, paragraph, column and table formatting. Convert text to a table and vice versa
- Work with referencing features like footnotes, endnotes and captions. Create tables of contents, indexes and cross-references
- Enhance productivity by using fields, forms and templates
- Apply advanced mail merge techniques and work with automation features, such as macros
- Use linking and embedding features to integrate data
- Collaborate on and review documents. Work with master documents and sub-documents. Apply document security features
- Work with watermarks, sections, and headers and footers within a document
Prospective learners should ideally have the ICDL certification and/or previous experience using computers and common software applications. Typically, these would be individuals who use a wide range of advanced functionalities within a word processing application in a personal or professional context. The ICDL Advanced Word Processing certification is for learners who wish to develop/demonstrate their ability to use the advanced features of word processing applications to enhance the quality of their work, improve productivity, demonstrate professionalism and save time in the creation and production of documents.
- Apply text wrapping options for graphical objects.
- Use find and replace options.
- Use paste special options.
- Apply line spacing within paragraphs.
- Apply, remove paragraph pagination options.
- Apply, modify outline numbering in multi-level lists.
- Create, modify, update a character style.
- Create, modify, update a paragraph style.
- Apply multiple column layouts. Change number of columns in a column layout.
- Change column widths and spacing. Insert, remove lines between columns.
- Insert, delete a column break.
- Apply a table autoformat/table style.
- Merge, split cells in a table.
- Change cell margins, alignment, text direction.
- Automatically repeat heading row(s) at the top of each page.
- Allow, do not allow row(s) to break across page.
- Sort data by one column, by multiple columns at the same time.
- Convert delimited text to a table.
- Convert a table to text.
Captions, Footnotes and Endnotes
- Add a caption above, below a graphical object, table.
- Add, delete a caption label.
- Change caption number format.
- Insert, modify footnotes, endnotes.
- Convert a footnote to an endnote. Convert an endnote to a footnote.
Reference Tables and Indexes
- Create, update a table of contents based on specified heading styles and formats.
- Create, update a table of figures based on specified styles and formats.
- Mark an index. Delete a marked index entry.
- Create, update an index based on marked index entries.
Bookmarks and Cross-References
- Add, delete a bookmark.
- Create, delete a cross-reference.
- Add a cross-reference to an index entry.
- Insert, delete fields.
- Insert a sum formula field code in a table.
- Change field number format.
- Lock, unlock, update a field.
- Create, modify a form using available form field options.
- Add help text to a form field.
- Protect, unprotect a form.
- Modify a template.
- Edit, sort a mail merge recipient list.
- Insert ask, if… then… else fields
- Merge a document with a recipient list using given merge criteria.
- Insert, edit, remove a hyperlink.
- Link data from a document, application and display as an object, icon.
- Update, break a link.
- Embed data into a document as an object.
- Edit, delete embedded data.
- Apply automatic text formatting options.
- Create, modify, delete automatic text correction entries.
- Create, modify, insert, delete automatic text entries.
- Record a simple macro.
- Run a macro.
- Assign a macro to a custom button on a toolbar.
Tracking and Reviewing
- Turn on, off track changes. Track changes in a document using a specified display view.
- Accept, reject changes in a document.
- Insert, edit, delete, show, hide comments/notes.
- Compare and merge documents.
- Create a new master document by creating sub documents from headings.
- Insert, remove a subdocument in a master document.
- Use Text outline/navigator options.
- Add, remove password protection for a document.
- Protect a document to only allow tracked changes or comments.
- Create, modify, delete section breaks in a document.
- Change page orientation, page vertical alignment, margins for sections of a document.
- Apply different headers and footers to sections, first page, odd and even pages in a document.
- Add, modify, remove a watermark in a document.
|Full Fee||GST||Nett Fee after Funding (Incl. GST)|
MCES: Singaporean age 40 and above
Normal: Singaporean/PR age 21 and above
SME: Singapore registered companies with
(i) at least 30% local sharing AND
(ii) group annual sales less than or equal to $100 million OR group employment size less than or equal to 200 people